COLUMBIA signature service GmbH fulfills the increasingly diverse needs of the expanding hospitality market. Specialized on innovative individualized services, we are looking for the right individual to strengthen and complement our team in Hamburg / Germany as Public Health Specialist (M/F/D).
The Public Health Specialist must have the following qualifications:
- A hospitality or health industry-related education;
- Preferably a degree in Public Health or equivalent;
- Profound knowledge of HACCP, US Vessel Sanitation Program, EU-SHIPSAN and Marpol regulations;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken), German or other European Langauges skills are an advantage;
- Ability to travel – up to 25% of the time;
- Two years’ work experience in the position of a Sanitation Officer / Public Health Officer, preferably on board a cruise vessel or in any other hospitality setting, is considered an advantage.
The Public Health Specialist is responsible for:
- Coordinating the ship or shore-based operations to achieve the Company standards for Public Health in compliance with HACCP, EU-SHIPSAN, US Vessel Sanitation Program, local public health authorities and other applicable rules and regulations;
- Conducting frequent site visits and performing in-depth audits of public health compliance;
- Scheduling, conducting, arranging and documenting trainings for all locations on applicable local health authority rules and regulations, and any other job-related training, as required;
- Ensuring compliant documentation and log-keeping of Public Health procedures and trainings;
- Ensuring readiness of all locations for Public Health inspections at any time;
- Providing technical support in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of hygiene and sanitation programs;
- Ensuring compliance of integrated pest management systems in cooperation with the respective contractor;
- Monitoring Water Safety procedures for air conditioning, potable water and recreational water facilities;
- Maintaining and monitoring of the Outbreak Prevention and Response Plan;
- Providing feedback on company manuals and procedures to ensure continual compliance;
- Ensuring and monitoring proper procedures for the use of chemicals on board or at shore-based locations and maintenance of MSDS;
- Participating in projects assigned.
The Public Health Specialist is accountable to the Public Health Manager.
What we offer:
- A diversified and challenging working field in an emerging company within the Hospitality Industry;
- An international and highly motivated team combined with a pleasant working atmosphere;
- A working environment at the heart of Hamburg, directly located at the river Elbe;
- Common market compensations.
If you meet above criteria and believe you are the right individual to join our team, please send your application by e-mail stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.