COLUMBIA signature service GmbH fulfills the increasingly diverse needs of the expanding hospitality market. Specialized on innovative individualized services, we are looking for the right individual to strengthen and complement our team in Hamburg / Germany as Deputy Corporate Chef.
The Deputy Corporate Chef shall have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Culinary Arts from a recognized institution or comparable on-the-job experience (e.g. apprenticeship with continuous self-education);
- Minimum 3 year’s leadership experience in culinary arts in hotels and/or preferably on board cruise vessels;
- Well-versed in modern and classical cooking techniques and simultaneously be innovative, having a pulse on current culinary trends;
- Strong understanding and high proficiency related to food cost and general P&L principles and forms, proficient in operating cost control activities;
- Proficient in training, supervising and evaluating employees;
- Profound knowledge of HACCP, US Vessel Sanitation Program, EU-Shipsan and Marpol regulations;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken), German skills as of advantage;
The Deputy Corporate Chef’s responsibility:
- Supervise, support and direct the shipboard culinary teams, as assigned by the Corporate Chef;
- Develop and maintain galley operational manuals, menu cycles, recipe standards and operation procedures and ensure the compliance of the on-board operations at any time;
- Supervise the on-board operations to achieve the Company standards for Health and Hygiene in compliance with HACCP, EU-SHIPSAN, US Vessel Sanitation Program and other applicable rules and regulations due to regular on-board presence;
- Ensure a compliant documentation and log-keeping of health & hygiene procedures and trainings;
- Conduct on-site quality audits, reviews and trainings;
- Cooperate with the Hotel Purchasing team to optimize the purchasing cycle to strive for the highest cost-efficiency for our clients;
- Budget control;
- Interview potential candidates for the culinary team on-board;
- Encourage internal development paths for ambitioned and talented culinary on-board team members within the company;
- Act as on-site backup for critical positions, if necessary;
- Ensure culinary guest satisfaction in accordance to the desired service standards, set by our clients;
- Fleet-wide responsibility for the galley equipment status and purchase standards;
- Participation in projects assigned.
The Deputy Corporate Chef is accountable to the Corporate Chef.
What we offer:
- A diversified and challenging working field in an emerging company within the Leisure Industry;
- An international and highly motivated team combined with a pleasant working atmosphere;
- A working environment at the heart of Hamburg, directly located at the river Elbe;
- Common market compensations.
If you meet above criteria and believe you are the right individual to join our team, please send your application by e-mail stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.