COLUMBIA signature service GmbH fulfills the increasingly diverse needs of the expanding hospitality market. Specialized on innovative individualized services, we are looking for the right individual to strengthen and complement our team in Hamburg / Germany as Hotel Operations Manager (M/F/D). The Corporate Housekeeping Manager must have the following qualifications:
The Hotel Operations Manager shall have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Hotel Operations in managerial position on a cruise ship or ashore;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Good leadership, controlling and communication skills;
- The ability to work within a team;
- Good knowledge of the hotel and cruise industry and applicable rules and regulations;
- Profound knowledge of HACCP, US Vessel Sanitation Program, EU-Shipsan and Marpol regulations;
- Appropriate level of commercial awareness.
The Hotel Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Establish and lead the hotel ops product delivery department;
- Designated hotel operational responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager;
- Working in close cooperation with the Corporate Chef, Restaurant & Bar Specialist and Purchasers, to ensure that vessels are operated as per Service Level Agreements with the Owner(s);
- Maintaining a fruitful cooperation with the technical, marine, crewing and operations department to ensure an overall smooth vessel operation;
- The overall quality standards for front-of-house equipment and services;
- Driving constant improvement, thus create and communicate SOP’s for the company and clients;
- Creating and reviewing annual hotel operations budget(s), as per Owner’s financial year guidelines;
- Overall cost control and responsibility of the financial hotel operations budget(s) vs. actual costs;
- Monitoring, controlling and follow-up on budget related reports, inventory reports and other reports required as per manuals;
- Assisting in the supervision and completion of health and hygiene tasks on board;
- Providing hotel operational support to the assigned ship(s) and Owner(s) in case of urgent hotel operational matters;
- Permanent communication and information exchange with the Head of Hotel Department and periodic inspection of assigned ship(s);
- Developing departmental hotel operational manuals;
- Assisting in preparation of contractual agreements with Hotel Services and/or Catering providers;
- Promoting internal awareness for customer and hotel & catering provider requirements throughout the leisure group;
- Participation in projects assigned.
The Hotel Operations Manager is accountable to the Head of Hotel Operations.
What we offer:
- A diversified and challenging working field in an emerging company within the Hospitality Industry;
- An international and highly motivated team combined with a pleasant working atmosphere;
- A working environment at the heart of Hamburg, directly located at the river Elbe;
- Common market compensations.
If you meet above criteria and believe you are the right individual to join our team, please send your application by e-mail stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.