COLUMBIA signature service GmbH fulfills the increasingly diverse needs of the expanding hospitality market. Specialized on innovative individualized services, we are looking for the right individual to strengthen and complement our team in Hamburg / Germany as Public Health Specialist.
The Public Health Specialist shall have the following qualifications:
- A hospitality or health industry-related education;
- Preferably a degree in Public Health or equivalent;
- Profound knowledge of HACCP, US Vessel Sanitation Program, EU-SHIPSAN and Marpol regulations;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken), German skills are an advantage;
- Ability to travel – up to 25% of the time;
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in the position of a Sanitation Officer / Public Health Officer, preferably on board a cruise vessel or in any other hospitality setting, is an advantage
The Public Health Specialist is responsible for:
- Supervise the ship or shore-based operations to achieve the Company standards for Public Health in compliance with HACCP, EU-SHIPSAN, US Vessel Sanitation Program, local public health authorities and other applicable rules and regulations;
- Conduct frequent site visits and perform in-depth audits of public health compliance;
- Schedule, conduct / arrange and document trainings for all locations on applicable local health authority rules and regulations, and any other job-related training, as required;
- Ensure compliant documentation and log-keeping of Public Health procedures and trainings;
- Ensure readiness of all locations for Public Health inspections at any time;
- Provide technical support in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of hygiene and sanitation programs;
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance of integrated pest management systems in cooperation with the respective contractor;
- Monitor Water Safety procedures for air conditioning, potable water and recreational water facilities;
- Maintenance and constant monitoring of Outbreak Prevention and Response Plan;
- Responsibility to update and maintain all Public Health-related manuals and procedures;
- Ensure and control proper procedures for the use of chemicals on board or at shore-based locations and maintenance of MSDS;
- Participation in projects assigned.
If you meet above criteria and believe you are the right individual to join our team, please send your application by e-mail stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.